News Ticker

Alumnus Rob Coloney Takes on Role as Director of Welch Experience

He assists with programming, instruction, professional development and more

Rob Coloney, center, works with a business student in the Finance Center.

Sacred Heart University alumnus Rob Coloney is the new director of the Welch Experience at SHU’s Jack Welch College of Business (WCOB),succeeding Sean Heffron, who is now the University’s executive director of student success.

In his new position, Coloney focuses on students’ matriculation by assisting with programming, advising, instruction, employer relations and professional development.

Coloney ’12, ’14 MBA, joined the University in 2012 as assistant director of financial aid and later became director of career placement for the WCOB. He assisted business students with résumé development, interviewing, job search strategy and graduate school planning. He also built and maintained employer relationships and worked with the Office of Alumni Engagement.

“It is a true honor to have the opportunity to continue to serve the Sacred Heart community, student body and overall mission by moving into this new role. Sean Heffron did such an excellent job spearheading the Welch Experience, and I’m very excited to have a chance to combine my prior University and business experience to add to that evolution,” Coloney said. “Our students are growing, not only in numbers, but in passion, achievement and intellect. I am so thankful for the trust the Welch College of Business administration and faculty have placed in me to be the next person directing the College’s experiential learning component. There is no doubt in my mind that, together, we will continue to have a lasting impact on the overall development, preparedness and achievement of our current Pioneers and future alumni.”

Coloney earned his bachelor’s degree in media studies and his master’s in business administration at SHU. He is an adjunct professor for the University and broadcasts SHU’s athletic events.

“I welcome any and all faculty, staff, administration and alumni to reach out to me if they’d like to be a part of the ever-growing Welch Experience,” Coloney said. “The thoughts, feedback and assistance from all entities is what has made Sacred Heart such a special place since I’ve been a part of it; the only way we’ll continue to progress forward is by constant collaboration and achievement together.”