News Ticker

Brad Hurlbut Tapped to Chair NCAA Division I Men’s Golf Committee

Will lead five others in overseeing sport’s team evaluations and championships

Brad Hurlbut, left, and Bobby Valentine

Sacred Heart University Deputy Director of Athletics Brad Hurlbut has been elected chair of the NCAA Division I Men’s Golf Committee. He joined the committee in September, 2015, and was voted as chair in July.

“I am honored to serve as the chair of the NCAA Men’s Golf Committee,” said Hurlbut. “I look forward to working with Donnie Wagner of the NCAA, my fellow committee members and the membership of the Golf Coaches Association to continue to ensure a positive and enjoyable championship experience for the student-athletes across the nation.”

The Men’s Golf Committee’s primary duties include the evaluation of teams and individuals throughout the season, selection of all participants for the Division I golf championships, and determining the location and format of regional and national championships.

Hurlbut has been a member of the Pioneer Department of Athletics since September, 2013, managing the daily operations of all areas of the department and its 32 sports programs.

Prior to his tenure at SHU, Hurlbut served as senior associate commissioner, external relations, at the West Coast Conference. As a member of the conference’s senior management team, he led the development and implementation of the strategic vision for men’s basketball and played a major role in the launch of the conference’s digital television network.

Hurlbut moved to the WCC following 17 years in progressively senior management positions at Northwestern University. As a member of the executive staff, he worked daily with the athletic director in the administration of Northwestern’s 19-sport intercollegiate program. His duties included major capital projects, sport management, strategic planning, event management, alumni relations and facility master planning.

2016-17 NCAA Division I Mens Golf Committee

Bruce Brockbank, Head Coach, Brigham Young University

Mark Hankins, Assistant to Director of Athletics, Iowa

Mike Holder, Athletic Director, Oklahoma State

Scott Lieberwirth, Head Coach, Texas, El Paso

Scott Schroeder, Head Coach, North Florida